Saturday, April 18, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs


This was my first time to color Easter eggs in years! Dying eggs was not a family tradition of ours...yes, my Grandparents always had a egg hunt but, plastic eggs with candy & money. I see why they switched to plastic...dying them is very time consuming!




I had two baby photo sessions { Grayden & Rylie } really close to the holiday so, I wanted to have eggs on hand. I was thinking it would go really quick but, each egg had to sit in the dye for so long, then dry, then I splattered them with brown paint to look speckled. I thought they turned out pretty cute! Blue for baby boy photo session and pink for baby girl session ;)



Standing them up on pins worked great for drying http://www.marthastewart.com/


Here is a photo you can see them used...I didn't get much with them and actually left the eggs in the refrigerator before second shoot and didn't get to use the cutie pink eggs with baby girl :(

This is little Grayden Conor ~ see more photos from this session at www.flickr.com/photos/brandiwihte

No comments: